Want to Learn How to Make Custom Knives? Or Improve Your Craft?
It's Easier Than You Think...
You'll Love This If:
- You want to learn the basics of knifemaking
- You're an experienced knifemaker and want to learn advanced techniques
- You want tips on custom touches to set your knife designs apart
Get the inside scoop on knifemaking tips and techniques from some of the best in the business. Learn directly from the masters of knifemaking. This new second edition of BLADE's Guide to Making Knives features an all-star cast of renowned knifemakers and expert knifemaking instructors who teach you everything you need to know to start making knives or take your knifemaking to the next level.
- Heat Treating
- How to Make Blades
- How to Make Guards
- How to Make Pommels
- How to Make Bolsters
- How to Make Handles
- How to Make Custom Sheaths
- And tips to make your knives stand out from the pack!
You'll glean valuable insight on creating your own art knives from famed fabricator John Lewis Jensen; gain insightful advice about damascus methods from noted smith Tim Zowada; pick up valuable tips for forging steel from expert sword maker Don Fogg; and much more from an impressive panel of worldly knifemakers.
- Desk Daggers: A Limited Edition Jensen Knives Trio
- Making the Using Knife
- Making Patterns and Using a Pantograph
- Forging Steel from Raw Materials
- Making and Carving a Scottish Dirk
- Building a Damascus Locking-Liner Folder
- Lost Wax-Casting for Guards & Pommels
- Plus hundreds of detailed, full-colored photographs to follow along
What The Experts are Saying
"This book offers so many detailed photographs, it's like standing next to a knifemaker working magic in the shop." - Ben Sobieck, Online Editor BLADE